View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #16
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Draft and the Offensive Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
After watching the last few games I can't help but think we need some early quality O-line help in the draft and quite possibly 2 guys in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I'm looking at some good OG's and good quality guys that can play OT/OG. I'm looking at Dallas Thomas, Gabe Jackson, Alvin Bailey, Kyle Long, Oday Aboushi, Xavier Nixon, possibly DJ Fluker, Lane Johnson, etc... A 4th round rookie, Jones, and 7th round virtual rookie, Newton, aren't getting it done on the right side and Wade Smith has been unimpressive to me this season regardless of his pro bowl nomination. If you had to pick 2 guys that will go in the 2nd or 3rd rounds that you think would fit the Texans, who you got, what round, and why? If the O-line doesn't get fixed then the running game sucks, passing game sucks, and your QB possibly gets hurt. I think it's past time to sink some quality picks into the O-line.
The right side is young and only going to get better. I have no doubt that's how Kubes and co feel. We may take a flyer in the mid to late rounds on a OL if one we really like is available. Some good names you got there although Fluker got knocked of my list earlier this year. Just don't see him as a fit here.

I really like Cyril Richardson (#68, 6-4, 335) out of Baylor. Local product that hasn't got a lot of national attention but has played really well for the last two years. Very mobile and athletic for a guy his size. If you want a bigger guy that fits this offense I'd go with him over Fluker especially for the price.