View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Draft and the Offensive Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I'm talking about using 2 of the 3 picks that we have in the 2nd and 3rd rounds combined to solidify the O-line with some high quality talent. I still want Kawann Short-DT in the 1st round. I'm thinking maybe Gabe Jackson-OG 2nd round and Ricky Wagner-OT 3rd round, or Dallas Thomas-OG/OT 2nd round and Alvin Bailey-OG 3rd round. Who you got, when, and why?

While I agree that Kubiak and Schaub are the bigger issue, each of their contracts has been extended recently so unfortunately neither is going anywhere for a while. We need to fix the problems we can.
Alvin Bailey declared last week and I have him in third at our pick. He swaps between both LG and RG during the game as a regular course which I cannot remember seeing before. His play this season was impacted by the turmoil with the offensive coaches and he seemed to not give 100% which imo has impacted his ranking. He may climb into second with good combine.

If I can get a trade with Miami (Tate who is not helping me for second (#43) and a third (#82), I'd take N.Carolina's RT Brennan Williams in third. I think Williams is going to climb but am hopeful he will not go or do much at combine due to his repairing injury. Another possible landing place for Tate is San Francisco second (#69) & third (#91).

Something tp think about is why Tate got reps over Forsett 63/374 6 per carry? Was Kubiak shopping?