View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Draft and the Offensive Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Teams haven't necessarily been loading up the box on us anymore than they have in years past though & Arian was still ripping off huge chunks in the run game last year with ease.

& It's not just been the red zone, it's been all over the field.

Schaub was here last year...
Kubiak was here last year...
Arian was here last year...
& we ran the same offense.

So then, you have to ask yourself, what has changed from last year besides our schedule? The only logical answer to that is the o-line.

& again, i'm not removing schaub from the equation, but it's undeniable that the o-line, right side in particular, has been issue this season.

Even when we were winning, Foster was still hovering around 3 yds. per carry & since the Patriots game, he's been getting stuffed & hit in the backfield for TFL's moreso than any season prior. The line as a whole just hasn't played well this year.
To say that because so and so player remains does little to support your position. Schaub was here but has not played well, especially last 4 games. Now he is playing better than our QB last season's last four but he keep that in perspective.

Until the week of Newton's knee injury, he had allowed 3 sacks only. He is not great in run blocking but up to that point IIRC the average run to right was almost the same as to the left where our Pro Bowler resides. He gets almost zero help from Jones at RG who is playing better than expected. Our Pro Bowler RB has yards and attempts but his avg is 4 which is hardly probowler material. If you are going to criticize Newton (and I am good with that if fair) how about the wide open pass that our Pro Bowl WR AJ dropped that was a perfect pass in his hands? All I am saying if you give one player a "whoopsie" give the same amount to Newton. Also, do we have any evidence the patella has healed 100%? At least Derek is on the field unlike Tate for a hammy. Two attempts for 7? Really.