View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #29
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just a possible observation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
Sadly, winning in the postseason is not needed to have a profitable franchise. It's obvious that McNair is running this literally as a business. As long as the franchise is profitable, gaining value each year and is employing great, hard working individuals like Kubiak, Phillips, our GM Smith and all the players - why mess with success? What part of "12-4 is better than last year" do you not understand?? This is his mindset.

It's obvious McNair does NOT really care about winning because he is NOT willing to make the hard decisions to catapult the Texans into a feared, legit team that can beat teams like GB, NE and close out a team like the vikings or colts to get HFA.
I don't know. I would think a man of McNair's stature and him seeing so much success that he would know a frozen iceberg of pooh when he sees it. I was fine with him keeping Kubiak after the 6-10 season because of the short offseason, etc and after last year it seems we all forgave Kubiak his shortcomings and made the fact that we were down to our 3rd string QB the scape goat of our failures. Now, with our starter in there and only ONE major injury, what is the excuse? What could the problem be outside of a mediocre coach taking advantage of a fairly weak schedule?

The team has lost confidence in his ability to call a game and it is quite evident. Some of them are just Bulls and will continue to go all in, but when a stellar athlete/person like AJ has seemingly given up, that is VERY telling of how the players feel about Kubiak and the coaching staff.

I don't think the D has given up on Wade, I think the D is trying to make too much happen, however, it is extremely disheartening that our OLB's don't get to the QB more with JJ getting double and triple teamed...

I don't know, I'm depressed right now and sick with a terrible loss hangover. Winning cures all they say, but the way it's been going for 7 weeks, I don't see us winning against other playoff caliber teams.

We need change (queue the Obama metaphors), but a good change. We need a respected coach that can light a fire.

People will ask questions if we fire a head coach after a 12-4 season, but if they have an oodle of knowledge about football, the question should be, "Why not sooner?"