View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #47
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you have faith in Matt Schaub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
That's a tough one. Knowing where we are now I would not have made that trade. I think it was a good trade if you take into consideration what we knew then and what we had to work with but if you know there's no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow then no, you don't go that route.

Nobody out there that you like at the end of 2006? You go ahead and start Sage in 2007. There have been many opportunities to get QB's who could play since then.
If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure that right after the 2007 draft Kubiak made some comment about not thinking Brady Quinn would be there when we picked. (which would have been 9 before the Schaub switch.)

That makes a lot of sense to me that Gary would have drafted Brady. So looking back now, would anyone prefer Brady over Matt? With the right coaching Brady could have been a "decent" QB. Kubiak was also very interested in Kevin Kolb at the time. Neither may have necessarily ended up as an upgrade, but those were most likely the only three options they considered at the time.

None of those stand out as "what were they thinking?" Then again, had we taken Brady or Kolb we would have those extra draft picks back, and Kolb would've been taken later on, possibly in a trade down scenario.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote