View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #8
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: gametime next week

The Texans wouldn't even be playing next weekend if they had just beaten the Vikings or the Colts. So this game is meaningless imho. A win sends them on the road to play the Patriots with Gronk returning. Then if by some miracle the Texans showed up and beat the Patriots they would then have to jet over to Denver and play them for the AFC championship. The Texans are done this year and they only have themselves to blame. They set this whole mess in motion. They have no heart this year. Last season thats all they had. Stepping up everytime someone went down and finding ways to win.

Had they won yesterday they would be on a bye week preparing to host the Ravens at Reliant. Denver and New England would have to face each other with the winner playing the Texans at Reliant for the AFC championship. If they couldn't beat either the Vikings or the Colts to get this scenario instead of the one they are in now then what makes anyone think the Texans can beat any team they face in the playoffs?

I actually don't care if they beat the Bengals or not. Because there is no way this Texans team is going to win on the road in New England or Denver. Face it. Elite qb's eat the Texans for lunch. And our offense with Schaub at the helm on the road losing by at least a couple of tds, ughh. The playoffs to end the 2012 season for the Texans has disaster written all over it.

The player I feel bad for? Andre Johnson. This guy has given his all for the Texans and barely sniffs the playoffs at the end of his career. He is running out of time. It was a disgrace that the Texans didn't get a wr to stretch the field opposite Johnson. Instead they drafted projects.

I really wish the Texans would get rid of Kubiak and Smith but I know McNair will probably never do it. How great would it be to have a team like the Colts? You get Manning for a decade, suck for 1 year, now draft Luck and go 11-5 and right back in the playoffs. Houston took a decade just to get to the playoffs. I'm not happy with Wade either but that is a whole different rant. I will just say this. He needs to quit putting the square peg in the round hole. Design some different schemes that use zone more when facing elite qbs. Change can be good. Predictable in the NFL is a death sentence.
Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote