View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #34
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you have faith in Matt Schaub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Eriadoc said it best. That closely matches my thoughts so won't elaborate a ton.

I will say though that considering where we were at at the time, and knowing everything that has happened since, I still would make the trade with Atlanta. At the time, we had to have a decent QB, and considering the price tag on competent QB's, I think the 2 #2 picks was a decent trade. I would make it again. Our other options were fairly limited.

However, this season was Schaub's time to prove that the trade would deliver a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Instead, we find it's nothing but a field full of cow manure.

That's a tough one. Knowing where we are now I would not have made that trade. I think it was a good trade if you take into consideration what we knew then and what we had to work with but if you know there's no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow then no, you don't go that route.

Nobody out there that you like at the end of 2006? You go ahead and start Sage in 2007. There have been many opportunities to get QB's who could play since then.