View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #65
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kubiak and Schaub couldn't be any more safer... and it's absolutely disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I get what you're saying, but we have 2 probowl OL, a great WR, a pro bowl RB and a pr bowl QB that he hand picked. Hell, he hand picked KW to be his starting WR. KW doesn't suck. OD is a pro bowler top tier TE. Hell Garrett Grahm doesn't suck.

These players may have come to the team via low draft picks or off the scrap heap, but they are no longer lemons once they prove what they're capable of.

What is the difference between Foster and a first round RB? The price you initially paid to get them?

Vonta Leach was a pro bowl FB that we had. Casey has skills that don't get used. Ben Tate is a good second RB....That doesn't get used.
The biggest difference I see, is that I think those guys are "satisfied" with getting to the Pro-bowl. Being 12-3 & division champs & in the play-offs is acceptable to those guys.

But a guy like Andre who has won his whole life at the highest level of everything he's done... that guy wants more. Jj Watt wants more. KDub is happy to have a starting job. Would probably be happy coming off the bench. Chris Myers has probably accomplished everything he set out to accomplish but a Super Bowl & he's probably ok with that.

Vonta... I think he had that drive for more. I thought Foster did as well. I'm sure Ben Tate does, but I think he's been hurt more than we know.
Quote:
Lets not act like Kubiak is working with a bunch of scrubs or "lemons" over there. Regardless of where they cam from or how they got here, they are good players.
You know KDub isn't starting on any other team. Wade Smith.... doubt it. Chris Meyers... maybe on another ZBS team. Owen Daniels... I haven't seen a starting caliber OD in years.
Quote:
Do we need three pro bowlers on the OL? Another Pro bowl stud WR? Another pro bowl TE?

Man this crap is just a bunch of excuses.

What is so hard about saying they underachieved? They're doing a bad job?
Again, the Pro Bowl is the goal for some guys. It's a bump in the road for others. KDub is dreaming about being a Pro Bowler one day. If he doesn't get to the Super Bowl this year, I doubt he'll be as upset as you will be. I have no doubt in mind that Andre will be, that Duane Brown will be. That Jj Watt will be. James Casey... not so much.

Excuses... maybe. But certain players rise to the occasion, others don't.