View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kubiak and Schaub couldn't be any more safer... and it's absolutely disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
There are times to run plays and times not to.
I didn't have a problem with calling that play there. Just earlier, the Colts ran the same play to the other side & picked up a long third down. The biggest difference, is their players blocked it better than ours did.

KDub & Andre were split pretty far out. There was a receiver playing close to the line on Walter. At the snap, Walter ran right past that guy to block the guy lined up 10 yards deep over Andre, allowing the guy lined up on him free access to Andre.

Newton was coming to block for Andre, but he had to chip the DE. I don't know if it was the way it was drawn up, to get Matt some time, or if he just couldn't avoid the DE. But even if he didn't, there's no way he was going to get that far out to block the guy who was only 3 yards away from Andre.

Walter should have blocked the guy lined up over him, giving Newton time to block the deep guy over Andre. After Andre caught the ball, he should have ran a few steps towards Newton to help him reach his block. At the very least, they never should have been split that wide.

I'll say it again. The Colts ran the exact same play perfectly in the same situation.