View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #58
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak and Schaub couldn't be any more safer... and it's absolutely disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
The word I've been using lately is pedigree. I don't think Kubiak has the pedigree on offense we need to get to that next level.

I know that. We all do. In light of that, I think Kubiak should get some credit for what he's been able to do with what he has. I've been saying for years, that Kubiak has been making lemonade with lemons. I still believe that.

The reason, is because we have not had a DC who could do the same on the defensive side of the ball. We've been putting our blue chips over there because of it. After seeing what Wade did with what he had, I was hoping we would be able to get some "pedigree" on the offensive side of the ball.

Losing Mario killed that. However, if Wade thought Barwin & Reed were good enough to keep the rookie on the bench for most of the year, then I think we were wrong not to take a WR early. Either that, or Wade didn't like what he got in his new toy & we screwed that pick.

At the same time, I think Kubiak should have done a better job of getting the kiddie receivers acclimated to the game. We need them to step up now, but they're just getting their legs under them.

If those kids don't displace Kevin Walter in the play-offs (I still think we'll have more than one game) & we don't get a WR & a tackle/guard in the next draft, I'll be upset.

We still have problems on defense, I'm not saying any different, but it's time for Wade to make some lemonade.

Gary's the guy who insists on bringing home all the lemons though. For years he was the guy who put that DC in place who had no clue. That's supposed to be forgivable because he gave him high draft picks to compensate for his lack of knowing how to be a DC? No, I'm sorry. To me this is the worst example of head coaching I can imagine. "Here, learn how to do this and while you're at it waste all of our best assets."?

Now he has to use early picks to salvage his bargain-basement offense.