View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #24
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you have faith in Matt Schaub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I was one of those people clamoring for the Texans to go get Schaub, even before anyone thought it was possible. People just kept telling me it couldn't happen, and I accepted that. So when they got him, I was happy. Thought he was going to be worth the price they paid. We'll see what happens in the playoffs, but I feel pretty wrong.

I started to waver on him two or three years ago - whichever one where the offense scored 7 or fewer points in the first half for most of the season. Lots of other people kept pointing out what a great job he was doing int he second half, putting up a ton of yards, and I just kept noticing he was facing a bunch of soft underneath defense and putting his team in a hole to get to that situation. Since that time, I've noticed specific shortcomings a lot more.

When the man rolls out, has all the time in the world, sets his feet and launches a pass downfield that comes up woefully short of AJ (and this week James Casey), all the prior underthrows over the years, dating back to the very first 70-some yard TD to AJ vs KC, come back to my memory. He doesn't have the arm. He doesn't have mobility. He doesn't have the demeanor to rally his guys. He doesn't have the pre-snap recognition that a QB of his experience should have. And lately, he has really developed a couple tendencies that David Carr developed when he played behind a crappy OL. You can blame the OL if you want, but he folds under pressure.

I have no faith in Matt Schaub. Couple that wirth my complete lack of faith in Kubiak and you can start to understand why I have no faith the Texans will go to the Super Bowl this year. I'm hoping and praying they do. I'm doing all my silly pre-game superstitions. I'm living and dying on every play. But rationally, I have no confidence they'll pull it off. It's the difference between heart and head for me.
Wow. Exceptional post. You just nailed exactly where I currently am right now as well, and you said it better than I ever could have said it. MSR.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote