View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak and Schaub couldn't be any more safer... and it's absolutely disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Because that's what non-thinking fans do. Its the path of least-thinking resistance. It would take too much effort to actually study the game and see who missed assignments and who failed to make the plays they get PAID to make.

How is it Kubiak's fault that A.J. dropped a ball In. HIS. HANDS...??
How is it Kubiak's fault that Schaub under threw the ball to a wide open Casey who had got beyond the defense??
How is it Kubiak's - or Wade's - fault that they got beat on a 3rd & 20-something?

To do that is to let the players completely off the hook. And, to me, that's just wrong. The players didn't do their damned jobs. Plain and simple.
In years past i may have agreed with everything here...but over the last 3 weeks this team has just not responded the way that a superbowl contender should....& that falls squarely on Kubiak's shoulders.

I watch a ton of NFL shows on the NFL network and 1 of my favorite shows on their is "America's Game" where it chronicles the path of past SB champions. In nearly every one of these episodes there's always a point at which the HC changes something up based on what's going on with a particular player or the season. This usually serves as a catalyst to the team in some way...Sometimes its starting someone over another, sometimes its something as simple as a retreat of some sort to get the guys to bond better as a team as opposed to the same ol' practice routine..other times its just a few statements out to the press (Jimmy Johnson's famous "we will win the game" over the radio show).

In any event, i only talk about the above to ask you this 1 question. Do you think Kubiak is doing anything apart from what he's been doing for the last 17 weeks to get this team to refocus? ; because the product on the field suggests that he isn't. His radio shows and press conference seems to indicate this as well...blah..blah...execution.....blah..blah...get better...it's on me...just rinse and repeat to get the same results.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote