View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #15
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you have faith in Matt Schaub?

I've always been a Matt Schaub supporter. He's on the team I root for. I support all the players on my team. I've never been a Matt Schaub fan though. I do think Schaub is good enough to win a Superbowl if the team around him (especially oline, defense & special teams) are really dominant. Last year the team fit that description. This year it doesn't. I just don't see Schaub "taking over" a game and winning it by himself. He's more likely to lose a game with a poor throw at the wrong time.

The Texans need a QB that has more. TJ Yates is not as good as Schaub yet he took over games and won them last year. I do believe in Kubiak & his system but...if Kubiak can't see that Schaub is holding this team back then they both need to go.

All that said, I doubt we have any better options for next season. Would any of us be willing to let Schaub go (trade or release) and go with TJ Yates or some other option (Michael Vick, Matt Flynn...)?