View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you have faith in Matt Schaub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I was one of those people clamoring for the Texans to go get Schaub, even before anyone thought it was possible. People just kept telling me it couldn't happen, and I accepted that. So when they got him, I was happy. Thought he was going to be worth the price they paid. We'll see what happens in the playoffs, but I feel pretty wrong.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I didn't know a whole lot about Shammy, but I remember going out to those first few open practices.

I was impressed with what I saw.

I don't think I ever overrated him, but I was initially happy with him as a starter but a lot of that had to do with the fact that we were fresh off David Carr. Hell, we were clamoring for Sage to start at the time.

But regarding Schaub, I gave gave him the benefit of the doubt through the first few season...injuries..bad players around him...

But the faults of his were still evident.

Now, I see him as a guy that would make a really good back up QB. But he's not being paid like that, so I just think we are in a tough spot.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote