View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #1552
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. Noon. 12/30. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
shooting the A gap like that has been something teams have routinely been doing to us since the Green Bay game effectively & this coaching staff still has not corrected it...so that should tell you who its on right there...the coaches.
When I think of shooting the gap, I think of a LB attacking that gap. That's what GB & the Patriots did to us.

The play we're talking about (& you & I are on the same play, I'm sure of it) You're talking about a DE that's just doing his job. Nothing special. It's not a "scheme" for us to adjust to. This is a blocking call that was blown.

I think it is clear that Brooks was expecting help to his left. It just wasn't there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
It looks like Arian on that play was going out for his trademark dump off position right there in front of the line in the middle of the field b/c if you look at it again, Arian sort of moves out of his way a little so he can get by the guy unimpeded...don't even think he was looking to block him....they're just completely overmatched up front. Where in the hell are you stepping up through that when the D-lineman's got a free run at you like that?
This is why I'm sure we're on the same play. I saw Arian "avoid" the DE as well. I wouldn't think the assignments would have been that Arian was supposed to pick up that guy. But when he "dodged" him, Arian was giving him a free pass. I would have thought Arian would have thought, "Ok, that guy isn't supposed to be there. I'm not going to be able to stop him... but I'm the last line of defense."