View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Draft and the Offensive Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
The right side of the line could stand to be upgraded. The WRs after AJ could stand to be upgraded. But I agree- Kubiak/Schaub is the biggest problem.

Problem is, I dont know who to hire/draft.
Yeah the Right side is not great...But if you look at teams around the league, no one has this super solid impenetrable OL. Everyone's OL gives up pressure and sacks. Look at people's WR's corps...There are a handful of teams (maybe not that many) with two top flight WR's and bunch of other good players behind them, a probowl RB AND a probowl TE with a good TE behind him...and oh yeah...a FB that can catch like a mofo too...

Man the Weapons are there if you have a QB that can dissect a defense.

It's just with the QB and coach the mistakes are magnified because when we give up a sack and a couple of pressures during the game we know we aren't going to get many more chances. A WR drops a pass and they are the worst ever because that was our one shining moment.

All QB's get hit and knocked on their ass during the course of the game. All lines give up sacks. Why do we expect our guy to remain completely clean during the course of a game...

And I'm not directing my post at you...BTW..just using your post as a spring board.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote