View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Swatt's 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatt View Post
Note: This draft is purely based on if I were gm, not my predictions of what the draft will actually look like.

Round 1:
Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
This pick is long overdue, we finally get a #2 receiver to groom behind Dre.

Propose Trade- Our second round pick, and Ben Tate for a mid to early second

Round 2:
Matt Barkley QB USC
I'm not quiet on the cut Schaub bandwagon yet, but we probably need someone to groom behind him for year or two. He can make all the throws and has off the charts work ethic, and intangibles.

Round 3:
Kyle Long OT Oregon
The right side of the o-line has be inadequate to say the least, Long is a project tackle with upside

Round 3: (Mario Comp)
Tyrann Mathieu CB/S/KR/PR LSU
After going with a few high character guys, we can afford the risk. At worst he is a good return man and safety dept.

Round 4:
Nico Johnson ILB Alabama
Dobbins and James are free agents after this year and he's good value in the forth.

Round 5:
Marcus Lattimore RB USCAR
I traded away Tate in this mock so we need a new RB. Apparently his injury looked a lot worst then it actually was. If he can regain his form he's nothing short of a steal.

Round 6:
Trey Burton FB Florida
You can never have to many solid players. He's basically a James Casey clone.

Round 7:
Denard Robinson OW (offensive weapon) Michigan
I'm not gonna lie, I only put him here due to my lack of research in the later rounds of the draft. But he is someone I would take based on game changing speed and explosiveness.
1. Add a run after the catch guy is exactly what Texans need. I'm on board with this pick.

2. Tate has only late round trade value as of now. Texans will ride him until his contract expires, he will walk, then hope for late round compensatory pick in return.

3. Kyle Long is not a OT. Well at least has not played the position, based off that I beleive he will be there in the 3rd. He could come in & play LG, maybe groom for tackle?. Wade will be a free agent following season.

3/4. Honey Badger & Nico are both big names but doubt Texans bite on the badger (even though he would make an excellent strong safety in the mold of Bob Sanders) Nico will mostly be gone.

Lattimore is an outstanding prospect. This would fall completely on the medical staff recommendation.

Why would Texans need another James Casey clone? They do need a premier blocking TE.

Robinson doesn't get out of the mid rounds. Some think his best conversion is to CB.

enjoyed your mock, getting a big play type of prospect with that first pick makes a lot of sense

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote