View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default 4 Best Teams in the AFC

Maybe some of you remember my other thread, "5 best teams in the NFL" Here's my last list:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
  1. Patriots
  2. Giants
  3. Texans
  4. Broncos
  5. Atlanta

Two things have changed since then.
  1. The Giants aren't in the play offs
    We all saw the Giants as one of the 5 best teams in the NFL. What happened? Were we wrong? Or did they just run into some bad luck?
  2. Atlanta kicked their arse
    I didn't think Atlanta had it in them. But they made a statement. They definitely have moved up in the top 5 of the NFL.

However, for this list I wanted to do a top 4 of the AFC. Figured I'd probably have to do a top 12 or top 15 in the NFL to keep the Texans on your list. & to keep it relevant, who are your top 4 of the AFC? Mine.......
  1. Denver
  2. Patriots
  3. Baltimore
  4. Indianapolis

Now, I mentioned earlier that we all thought the Giants were one of the top 5 teams in the NFL. Just two weeks ago, I wasn't alone with that thought. Missing the play offs haven't changed my mind about who they are. They'll be back next year & they'll make another run.

Same thing with the Texans. We don't have their history, but the fact remains the same. When the Texans are doing what they do to the best of their ability, they are a hard out. That's only true for a handful of teams. They may not be top 5 in the NFL, but they're still pretty damn good.

So, if you look at my list of top 4 in the AFC, you'll see the Texans aren't on it. Simply put, they are not playing like a top 5 team right now. But even saying that, doesn't mean I think the Texans will be 1 & done in the 2012 play-offs. I honestly don't know, but either the Bengals or the Texans will. Neither of them are on my top 4 list.

Baltimore will play Indianapolis. One of the teams that I think is better than the Texans will be eliminated from the play offs without us playing them. The winner of that game will go & play Denver the following week. Only one of those teams will advance. Another team that I think is better than the Texans will be eliminated without the Texans having to play them.

Just saying.

Who are your top 4 teams in the AFC right now?