View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #20
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What do you see next year and beyond for the Texans

This is what I believe will happen.

First, Wade will stay. I doubt any team offers a HC job to him. It's unfortunate, but that defensive drop off happened after all.

In the Draft, we will take an ILB with the first pick. Don't know who, but it would surprise me if we got one of those guys. Losing Cushing really hurt, and showed us that as good as Dobbins and James can be, they should not be starting games. Get a stud at ILB with your first overall pick, and have him line up next to Cush or at least backing up or in a rotation. We may take an OT or a TE second round, although I am not sure. The rooks on the Right side of the line will improve with experience. I like what we have in Jones, but I am not so sold on Newton. That will be up to the Kubiak.

Marciano is gone, btw. It will probably be a "resign" but no doubt about it, he is gone. Just think, had ST not given up that KO Return, we could have won the game. We get a new Special teams coach and hopefully they improve.

I believe we improve, and finish strong next season. Our players would need to execute better, but I see it happening.

Finally, the Draft after that, I think we draft Schaubs replacement first round. Let him learn a bit, sit a couple of seasons on the bench, and when Schaubs current deal ends, have the new guy take the reigns. I believe we will be better in the years to come. I know we are feeling bitter right now, but I do believe things will get better.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote