View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012   #11
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Philip Rivers anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
No way in hell the chargers get rid of rivers. No coach with any credentials like a cowher or gruden will come into a situation not knowing who their qb is. I think most coaches would agree that rivers is a top talent and can be a top 5 qb if he is on his game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Highly doubtful Rivers goes anywhere. He had little in the way of weapons this season and still was decent out there. He is the one thing that could lure a prime coaching candidate to that job so getting rid of him would be a heavy risk.
They pretty much summed up how I feel. Rivers is the main drawing card to get a quality replacement coach for Norv T.

Since Rivers is still under contract, that means a trade would have to be worked. What would we have to give up to get him?? A 1st and several 2nds? Multiple 1st rounders?? This would smack of a desperation move so the SD GM would be bargaining from a position of strength. I understand wanting to make a move, but finding someone in the draft would be more sensible and less costly.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote