View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012   #27
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 23664 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HOU@IND: A fair contest or WWF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Look the Texans didn't play well enough to win given the situation, but was it a fair contest? I'm not saying the NFL is rigged, but if you deny that we got called for everything and then some, while the Colts barely got called, and got help.

The Texans played well enough at the begining of the season, and could have overcome help from the NFL, but not now.

This was as much BS as last year in Indy.

The NFL had two story lines in this game:

1. "Chuckstrong", enough said. The NFL wanted their touchy feely story.
2. Houston has never beat Indy in Indy. This was the story line last year and they love it for some reason.

The Texans are playing weak, but this was a disgrace, Goodell should be f'ing ashamed. One more showing like this by the NFL, and I will give up on Pro Football.

Before you blast me about the Texans should have played well enough to win period, I agree, but it should be a fair contest. Never was and if you cant admit that then you are just too angry at "insert person/coach/etc. here" to see the truth.

Gumble just went to commercial with the story line of the day, "Colts give Pagano heart warming, blah, blah, blah, they played hard for him, blah, blah, they overcame the odds, blah, blah, blah. B*ll****.

Bottom line Indy played well, made some big plays, but the momentum was stolen from the Texans.

Disgraceful for all involved.
Bolded the parts that some seem to have glossed over.

It's a common story line for the Colts vs Texans "rivalry" as far as the refs go. especially when played in Indy. Colts have been getting calls their way going back for all the years Manning played for them. On the "incomplete pass"/fumble, the refs didn't even look to see if it was a lateral/backward pass. Refs didn't make the Texans lose, but they didn't help either. Not that it matters, games over and bring on Cinci.

The Texans didn't play well enough to win, hell our O-line got manhandled by some backups inside. Schaub freaks out anytime an opposing player looks like he might get through. Foster is running on banana peels, when he is able to make it past the line of scrimmage. Throw in the defense not creating turn-overs, stupid penalties on both sides of the ball, and a lack of discipline pretty much means games will be lost.