View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012   #60
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just About Ready to Close the Book on Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
His tendency to just go down at the slightest bit of pressure is awful. He doesn't even try to extend the play just go down.

No wonder the defense has given up the last 2 games. They just imitate Schaub.
Our defense in the recent games, they come out and try really hard at the onset of the game.

Then, as Kubiak and Schaub piss our chances away, you can see them just sort of let up a little. Then they let up a whole lot at the end.

How can they be blamed? They've been covering for Gary for two years. TWO.

Gary plays it safe when we're pinned inside our own 10...going for screen plays and draw plays..punting the ball so that defense can maybe produce a turnover or force another punt. I've even seen Gary end up doing this twice on back-to-back possessions in one game.

As a guy on defense, I'd have to look at the culmination of Kubiak's efforts and I'd have to think 'I'm on my ****ing OWN out here. On an island. It's on me, 24/7, to cover for the HC and his failure of a QB."

Nobody can withstand that for an extended period of time. That they have done what they have done, for two seasons, is actually really good. They're bigger men than I would have been. JJ Watt is the reason. That guy is gold.

And he now joins AJ as two golden players who are sunk by Kubiak's pewter ass.