View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012   #19
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. Noon. 12/30. **Official GameDay Thread**

What's it going to take to post a W today?
* Establish the run.
* Control the clock, especially in 4Q.
* Confuse and pressure Luck.

Assuming Wade & Co. have been keeping some tricks up their sleeves, and I'm not sure they have, they will have to show some tape to the rest of the league today. We need Luck to be thinking, "What the heck just happened then?", as he runs to the sideline to look at pics and talk to the booth. We also need him to be thinking "Ouch", "Aw, hell, not again", and "Why can't my line keep me upright?" We need to make a professional QB doubt himself. What we don't need is Luck to believe he has a chance at a 4Q comeback drive to win.

Switching to our offense, it's no secret that our O requires a ground game to function. And this running attack leads to our ability to win time of possession.

The analysis is simple. If I know (what I think I know), the Colts know it and game plan for it. So the key to a Texans win will be the ability to impose our will on an opponent who knows exactly what to expect.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote