View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012   #12
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The road to the Super Bowl starts in about 24 hours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I don't want to put to much on this game. That's a sure way to knee jerk city. If we beat the Colts, it don't mean a thing. They are a bad team that's having an amazing Cinderella type season. Lots of magic & how the F moments. Beatinv them is what we're supposed to do.

If we lose, it doesn't really tell us much. They're having a Cinderella season. Lots of magic & how the F moments. It's not a play-off game & we're still alive.

It would be nice if we get hot & we can see it. But even a blowout won't tell us that we are ready & there will be many here to remind us. Just like they remind us that our wins vs Chicago, Baltimore, Denver, & our last win against Indy don't mean anything. Fool's gold they'll say.

The bye week would be nice. The number one seed would be nice. But the last two Super Bowl teams didn't have bye weeks. When the Colts won the Super Bowl, they didn't have a bye week & if I remember right, the last time the Steelers won the Super Bowl they didn't have a bye week & this team could use some extra playing time.

I'm rooting for the Texans to win. Thats what I do. This isnt just another game, but it's not a play-off game either.
The Colts are 10-5. Same record as the Ravens and 1 better than the Bengals. If they beat the Texans they would end up 11-5 and the Texans 12-4. A 1 game difference and that is with a rookie qb. One could easily point to the Detroit and Jacksonville games as how the F moment games.

This game to me is like a playoff game because there is a lot at stake for the Texans. Win and you only play 2 games to get to the superbowl. And as a bonus, the Patriots will have to battle it out with the Broncos so the Texans would only have to play one of them. And all the games at home

Lose and the Texans have to play 3 games to get to the superbowl and the biggest ones would be on the road. Traveling to New England and then Denver. Back to back real tough games on the road. Don't kid yourself. This game is huge for the Texans and they know it.

The Texans better come out and take care of business today. No excuses. No silver lining loss here.