View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012   #81
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub voted 2012 Ed Block Courage Award winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
First, I was trying to be funny, but actually it doesn't make sense to say a guy who sucks in the regular season deserves a chance to prove himself in the playoffs. He has already proven what he is. If suddenly he plays like a top notch QB in the playoffs that would say to me that he was just coasting and didnt really care during the season.
I guess you and I have different definitions of "sucks". I don't think anyone could objectively say Schaub has "sucked" this year. He's had a few subpar games, but he's done a pretty decent job.

I was going to bring up Eli Manning in 2007, but that's been done now. Nobody knows how Matt will perform in the playoffs, but, yeah, I think he's earned a chance to show what he's got. Also, I don't think there's any question he's earned his teammates' respect. That says a lot to me.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote