View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin and the 2013 draft

Man, Barwin and Reed would both be ok to good SOLBs....

Neither have shown the ability to be what I think we need out of a WOLB. I personally am not a big Merciless guy, but he has more quickness in short area than both of them.

But we need someone from that WOLB position that is going to constantly on QB's heels. He has to stress the OT out almost every single snap. Speed around the edge or a mixture of speed and power...whatever...Doesn't matter...but this defense would look much, much better IMO with that guy at the WOLB position...And that guy is not Reed or Barwin...

For all the flack Mario got when he was here, he was that guy. Fukin impossible to block with RB's and TE's in this scheme and when he was matched up against OT's he put stress in their life.

We don't have to have a guy exactly like Mario, but we need a demon over there. This was part of the reason I was so high on Bruce Irvin last year, and it's part of the reason why I'm a big fan of taking Dion Jordan in this upcoming draft and seeing what Braman and Merciless can bring in a legit competition for playing time.

As far as Barwin's future, I'd let him walk unless he is going to sign for a ridiculous amount. I don't like him as a weakside OLB and the difference between him and Reed on the Strong side is not such a huge gap to where I think we have to have him.

Let him walk and draft another OLB or two.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote