View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012   #83
Nitrofish
FSM Rules!

Rep Power: 57899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: We have a backup quarterback being coached by a backup quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWin View Post
Of all starting quarterbacks, I would honestly take any of the below over Schaub in a heartbeat at this point in their respective careers. Can you guys really argue Schaub over any of these guys?

None of our 12 wins stand out at all. @ Denver while they were adjusting early on. Baltimore has proven to be not as good as advertised. Same with Chicago.
Schaub will NEVER be the leader this team needs in primetime and when games matter most. If this team gets down by 2+ scores, we're fuc*ed... All of our wins come from defensive forced turnovers and scores or Arian Foster playing very well to where any QB could come in with a playaction call.

Back to that list:

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Big Ben
Andrew Luck
Tony Romo (pains me to even say this, but I would because he at least tries to make plays and can make plays with feet and arm)
Eli Manning
RG III
Jay Cutler (similar to Romo... at least he tries to make plays and can with feet and arm)
Matthew Stafford
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Drew Brees
Russell Wilson
Ryan Tannehill
OK I know I am a bit late and perhaps this has already been said, but is it better that our so called starting career Backup QB is being coached by a backup QB who actually played as an NFL QB or a coach who never played in the league, or never played the QB position?

I think your question is hilarious because are there any former starting QB's out there coaching elite QB's? No... Is Brady/Mannings/Rodgers coaches even former players, or former QB's? No.

I am not going to argue with your list because it is pointless... even if those QB's are better than Schaub... You cannot acquire them, so why do you make comparisons and say the Texans would be better off with one of them? And adding the two rookies in that list is even funnier. Look at Cam's rookie year compared to his sophomore campaign... plenty of drop off there and RG3 and Luck have a long way to go before they are as good as Schaub and what he has accomplished in his career.

I think you Schaub haters work very hard to come up with creative ways to say the same thing over and over, and if you had thought about what you were going to post before you posted it a little while you would have realized that.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz

Last edited by Nitrofish; 12-29-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote