View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012   #83
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We have a backup quarterback being coached by a backup quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
It's unfair how people here use the O-line to defend Schaub when he's not playing well. Our pass blocking is not as bad as people make it out to be. Schaub is getting sufficient time to throw and when there is pressure he has the responsibilty to either step up or to the side of the pocket so the defender can run by. Most pass rush is avoidable by this fundamental footwork. These are the things every QB are taught in practice.

I remember a few years ago I visited Boston and had the chance to go watch a Patriots practice. I saw Tom Brady in a pocket-practice session where the staff were rolling big medicine balls at him from many angles. He was avoiding those balls while keeping his eyes down field with just a slide of the feet here and there. Brady like Schaub is no world-class athlete with their feet. QB that aren't mobile, like Brady and Manning can erased a bad block by their lineman by using simple footwork. The problem with Schaub is he has zero pocket awareness and instinct. That's why you see him often bracing on phantom pass rush.

Schaub strenght only last 3 seconds from the snap of the ball. After that if he can't find his targets a fuse go off in his head regardless of whether there's pressure or not. You see him looking for a roll out lane. Schaub will look for a roll out lane REGARDLESS of a presence of pressure. I seen him rolled out of a three-man pass rush on max-protected. Hell, I've seen him rolled out on a two-man rush where the defense drop everyone back to prevent a a red zone TD. When a QB do that they limit themselves to viable throwing targets. They also create the illusion to the media and fans that the O-line failed on that play and that's the reason a QB failed to make a throw. "It's the O-line fault. They didn't allow him enough time. Look how the QB have to scramble from that pass rush. They broke down"

Those guys upfront are busting their butts off for that guy. They're not perfect on every pass play. And they far from bad. They sufficient for the most part and that should be enough. To have you people here bash them is disgusting. You put a QB with sound footwork and good pocket-instinct behind that line, I guarantee everyone will view our O-line in a more positive way.

If you guys are in disagreement with my assessment, I'll make a proposition for you. Show me a video of Schaub staying in a well protected pocket, standing poised waiting for his reciever to break routes and making a throw on a undesign play. Show me a video of Schaub stepping aside to avoid a pass rush, gather his feet and making a downfield throw while still in the pocket. If someone can upload that video in this forum I will paypal you a $100. You can go back to any years he played here. Hell you even can go back to when he was with the Falcon. And if you STILL in disagreement, next time you see a defense rushing only three and dropping everyone back, watch how he panics and make awkward throws or rolled out from a clean pocket. When his receiver aren't open and there's no roll out lane expect the balls to be thrown in the stands-regardless of pressure.

I wish folks here stop blaming the O-line for Schaub bad QB plays. He panic too often when his reciever are covered. And when he make a good throw within his 3 second window people are cool with that. But if his 3 second is up and there's no one open and Schaub gives up and takes a seat on defender's lap people call out our line.

This QB needs to be held accountable. So please. Stop blaming the line!!
To the bolded, I wish I had time, I'd take that hundy. He's done it many times. Just did it against the Vikes.

As an aside and not being a grammar Nazi, just curious, is English your second langue?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote