Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Re: Aussie Mock 2013 draft 1.0
Originally Posted by Wolf6151
JMO, don't kill the messenger.
1. Eifert, I like the player but with OD not going anywhere, and Graham getting better I think there are bigger needs in the 1st than an upgrade at a position of strength. I'd go NT here.
2. Williams, I think he goes late 1st or early 2nd and will be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd.
3. Slay, I think this is way to early for Slay, most likely in the 5th-7th.
3b. Jackson, this all depends on the type of ILB you want in our system. With teams blitzing their OLB's all the time the 3-4 has become a 5-2 system and ILB's are now required to play sideline to sideline and cover the TE or RB. Jackson is an old school ILB thumper to play the run in the middle but I'd prefer an athletic ILB prospect like Kiko Alonso. It all depends on what you want.
4. Nixon, I like this pick and player though it might take a little luck for him to fall this far, I see him as a late 3rd. Good pick and quality depth with lots of potential.
5. Swearinger, I don't know much about him only what I've read. This is probably about the right spot for him and we could use some Safety depth/competition.
5b. Uzzi, this guys undersized though he screams ZBS OG, I just wonder what adding 20 lbs. would do to his athleticism. Good place to pick some OG depth, though I'd prefer someone a little bigger.
6. Allen, love this pick. Field position is so important and an upgrade at P would be nice and save us some money.
7. Wilson, I've never seen this guy play but he seems to tall for FB where a blocker needs to get low to gain leverage. I'd take J.C. Copeland here, the guys a tank and a true Leach 2.0.
JMO but I agree with Beerlover your evaluations seem much more on target with your increased research into players. While reviewing other sites I have seen your questions, comments and fact checking. Good work! Also, agree with BL on S. Williams who has actually fallen some on boards. His stats and biographicals are very close to Brandon Williams but I have watched a lot of the first and none of second.
The sound of marine engines and superchargers soon shall fill the air!