View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans will go to the Superbowl IF....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think we probably need to define clutch. To me, clutch isn't just when we're down by 4 & need a touchdown to win the game. But anytime we get into the red zone, or on third down, or when we want to take a shot downfield & Andre has his guy beat by a hair.

Those moments that change the game.

That way, we aren't in that position where we need him to be "clutch" in the last few minutes of a game?
To me clutch moments are the moments where you 'feel' like....ok WE HAVE TO HAVE THIS...Even if it isn't true in the long run....

It's those high pressure/tension moments where you feel like it's make this play or it's going to suck really bad...

Not scientific, I know.....

Quote:
far too often?

I'm not seeing it. I'll give you our three losses & the Denver game. That's four games where we were "jumped on" four out of 15 games isn't any worse than any other coach has done so far this year.
A couple weeks ago when Kubiak said he ripped the players, I ripped him. I wasn't just talking about this year. If you think back over the years, there have been too many times (IMO) where the team has come out and underachieved.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote