View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Texans will go to the Superbowl IF....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I definitely want them to play better, but if I'm having to pick one thing I'm leading towards having Matt be big in clutch moments and upping his game,
I think we probably need to define clutch. To me, clutch isn't just when we're down by 4 & need a touchdown to win the game. But anytime we get into the red zone, or on third down, or when we want to take a shot downfield & Andre has his guy beat by a hair.

Those moments that change the game.

That way, we aren't in that position where we need him to be "clutch" in the last few minutes of a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I also have a problem with how this team has come out and performed under Kubiak...They seem to get jumped on far too often....If he can step up the coaching on gameday and having the team prepared to play that would be huge too IMO...

It's a tough choice for me...Need to hear more opinions...
far too often?

I'm not seeing it. I'll give you our three losses & the Denver game. That's four games where we were "jumped on" four out of 15 games isn't any worse than any other coach has done so far this year. Looking at the Patriots & Broncos, if you consider their losses + 1... which I think you can make that argument. The Patriots lost 4 plus the Jags had them for half the game.

Now if you're going to say the four I gave you (losses + 1 (Broncos) then add the Detroit & Jags game making 6 of 15 games... I'd say you have a point. But I don't think the Lions or Jags jumped out on us, especially the Jags. We bottled them up early. Our mistake was knocking Gabbert out of the game early & bringing in an "unknown" at the most important position.

Detroit, again... I don't think they jumped out on us, but they're as talented as we are. They are a good bunch of players, but they shoot themselves in the foot too much.