Thread: First 2013 mock
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012   #9
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First 2013 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
If they dont resign him .... that changes everything. I'll have to go back and re-evaluate my positions and make adjustments. But again , I dont see Cody's position on this defense warranting a #1 pick unless one of the stud prospects falls ..... I dont see any of the first round worthy guy's being on the board at ~28-32.

Any guy's youd take in the 3rd or even a move up into round two to fill that spot ?

Hell , I could see Smith moving out of the first all toghther .... giving us multiple picks in rounds two and three to play with.

I think the DT's that fit our system are Kawann Short, Sylvester Williams, Jesse Williams, and possibly Sharrif Floyd. I think at least one of them should be available when we pick in the 1st. As for who to take in the 3rd, none at this time, but that may change after the Senior Bowl and Combine once we get more info. on alot of these players. Later round guys to keep an eye on, I like Brandon Williams, Cory Grissom, Abry Jones, or Anthony Rashad White. As for a trade down, moving out of the 1st round, I hope not. But I would like to see us use our own picks to move back up into the 2nd round a couple times with Ben Tate and TJ Yates also being trade bait. I'd really like to see us come away with a 1st and at least three 2nd round picks. We need quality not quantity, and the expected Comp. picks should allow us to do this. In fact I hope Rick Smith is on the phone now talking with some of his fellow GM buddies laying the ground work for draft day trades.

I thought I was the only crazy person up this time of night.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote