Thread: First 2013 mock
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First 2013 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
JMO:

1. Trufant, this might be a little early but considering CB is a premium position and like QB's they usually go a little early, it's not a bad pick. I'd prefer a NT here but I could go for CB in the 1st. He'd add quality depth to our secondary.
NT is off my list pretty much if Cody resigns ... and if he doesnt , I still dont see them taking one in the first two picks.

Like I said in the Walter Mock thread , Wade tends to move move Ninja and another 3-4 DE inside with Watt and Barwin as the bookends in passing situations.

Really hard for me to take a situational guy here - I know Trufant isnt a three down guy either , but they are in nickle and dime packages an awful lot.

Quote:
2. Long, love this pick. He might take a year to grow and adjust to the NFL but he's going to be a very good player.
Yeah , he's going to be a good one .... I think he could start at RT or either G early on. Either way , it allows you to upgrade the OL and its depth. If he ends up at RT Newton becomes the swing tackle.

This pick gives you a young athletic OL for years to come - Brooks , Jones , Newton , Long and Brown all have a lot of tread on the tire.

Quote:
3. Johnson, love this pick as well. He adds some size to our ILB's.
Really need some help inside .... This pick gives you a guy who can play sideline to sideline.
Quote:
3b. Rogers, great pick if still available but I think he goes earlier. I also have doubts the Texans would take a pot head.
He may be gone .... he's the only guy on my list I think might go well ahead of where I have him tho the pot might be what keeps him late 3rd.

Quote:
4. Williams, not a bad pick if we keep Cody but this guy is going to take a couple years to develop.
That was the idea here .... a guy to develop behind Cody pending they decide to retain him. I think they do ....

Quote:
5 and 5b. Washington and Smith, I know nothing about either player.
6. Carrie, same as above.
When it gets this late , this far away from the draft .... thats to be expected.

Smith is a 6'5" WR from Florida State. Not exceptionally fast .... but a huge target with good hands.

Travis Carrie is a productive CB for Ohio , probably under the radar for a lot of people. 5'11 212 with plenty of speed. Can play CB , FS as well as a solid ST contributor. Lord knows we need to improve there.

Washington has been a productive player in the SEC for Georgia , classic tweener size. 6'4" 268. Probably a special teams guy but all you can hope for this late is a guy who will contribute.

Quote:
7. Tutogi, I think we can probably get him as an UDFA but I agree with the position and size of player for it. I like J.C. Copeland here, Vonta vol. 2.0.
You might be right , was a couple OT prospects I considered here as well .... but at the end of the day , I want a thumper FB and this is where I get him.

Quote:
7b. Fauria, you really think he falls this far? Tall, athletic TE, can he block?
This is where I have him now. The combine may change that. He's all over the place in terms of ranking depending on who you listen to , anywhere from 6th to 11th among TE's. Hell , I may have mixed up my rankings .... LOL

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote