View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012   #15
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter's Current Mock

Here's how I evaluate the 3 DT's that fit our system, Jesse Williams, Sylvester Williams, and Kawann Short.

J. Williams, I see him as a guy with great strength who can hold the double teams and the LOS or push a single blocker backwards and collapse the pocket though he's not a good penetrating NT because he lacks the athletic quickness. To me he's more of a traditional brickwall NT with good straight ahead speed but lacks lateral agility to make the tackle on plays that don't come right at him. Great strength, great anchor, good straight line speed, poor lateral agility/quickness. He's #3 on my list.

S. Williams, I see him more as a 4-3 UT with great quickness, great swim move, great penetrating ability, lateral agility, speed, and athleticism, but he lacks some strength to hold up to double teams or collapse the pocket consistently. Luckily once he gets on an NFL strength and conditioning program he'll gain that core strength in his legs to anchor and hold up to double teams, but it might take a year. He's more of a quick penetrating NT, in our 1 gap system, that can pressure the QB, play the run well, and pursue a play that doesn't come right at him. He's #2 on my list.

K. Short, he's a combo of the 2 Williams, he's got the strength in his core and legs to hold the double teams and collapse the pocket against single blockers. He's got enough quickness and lateral agility to penetrate and play the run and also has a 2nd gear when in the clear that he's got good speed and able to chase a play that doesn't come his way. S. Williams is better at penetrating, J. Williams is better at holding the LOS, while K. Short has got both skills and will get even better in an NFL conditioning program. Imagine a strong penetrating big nasty lined up next to JJ Watt, it would take 4 O-linemen to properly block both of them. He's #1 on my list.

JMO.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote