View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012   #39
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter's Current Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I was talking about Sylvester Williams out of NC. He's the only guy in this crop of DT/NT I see as being on the field in passing situations with the Texans. Other teams Lotulelei and Short might see more use in those situations but Wade tends to put a premium on pass rush ability.
(Williams might not fall in the top five but he'll be gone in the top 10 , Texans have no shot at him).

Yeah Ive scouted Short and Im not at all high on him .... He's a paper tiger IMO , all the tools and limited production , disappears far too much for long stretches. #nomotor.
Wow I don't see any of that. You do know he played with a bad ankle a few games this year right? Maybe thats where you are getting "disappears far too much for long stretches. #nomotor.".

as for limited production,

Short 42 tackles, 14.5 tackles for a loss, six sacks, four passes broken up, four blocked kicks and a forced fumble.

Williams 42 tackles, 13.5 tackles for a loss and six sacks.

I do like Williams. He has a better anchor than Short but is not even close as a penetrator. I guess it just depends on what you want out of the position. I want someone at DT who can split defenders regularly. This will allow Watt more one on ones. A player like Williams will make us better against the run but wont help much in pass rush.

From what I have seen Williams looks like a mid to late first. Of course my opinion could change depending on his workouts and combine. I don't see them changing to top 5 or ten though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I was talking about Sylvester Williams out of NC. He's the only guy in this crop of DT/NT I see as being on the field in passing situations with the Texans. Other teams Lotulelei and Short might see more use in those situations but Wade tends to put a premium on pass rush ability.
(Williams might not fall in the top five but he'll be gone in the top 10 , Texans have no shot at him).

Yeah Ive scouted Short and Im not at all high on him .... He's a paper tiger IMO , all the tools and limited production , disappears far too much for long stretches. #nomotor.
Wow I don't see any of that. You do know he played with a bad ankle a few games this year right? Maybe thats where you are getting "disappears far too much for long stretches. #nomotor.".

as for limited production,

Short 42 tackles, 14.5 tackles for a loss, six sacks, four passes broken up, four blocked kicks and a forced fumble.

Williams 42 tackles, 13.5 tackles for a loss and six sacks.

I do like Williams. He has a better anchor than Short but is not even close as a penetrator. I guess it just depends on what you want out of the position. I want someone at DT who can split defenders regularly. This will allow Watt more one on ones. A player like Williams will make us better against the run but wont help much in pass rush.

From what I have seen Williams looks like a mid to late first. Of course my opinion could change depending on his workouts and combine. I don't see them changing to top 5 or ten though.