View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012   #38
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter's Current Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I was talking about Sylvester Williams out of NC. He's the only guy in this crop of DT/NT I see as being on the field in passing situations with the Texans. Other teams Lotulelei and Short might see more use in those situations but Wade tends to put a premium on pass rush ability.
(Williams might not fall in the top five but he'll be gone in the top 10 , Texans have no shot at him).

Yeah Ive scouted Short and Im not at all high on him .... He's a paper tiger IMO , all the tools and limited production , disappears far too much for long stretches. #nomotor.
paper tiger? not from what I've watched. Kawaan & Sylvester's numbers are almost spot on with exception Short has done it for four years compared to Williams two. I also feel the Big 10 is a much tougher conference than Atlantic Coast. Short was named Second Team AP All-American not Williams. He finished 42 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss, six sacks, four PBUs, four blocked kicks, two fumbles recovered and one forced. He finished the 2012 regular season tied for fourth in the Big Ten in tackles for loss per game and tied for fifth in sacks. Short is eighth all-time at Purdue in both career tackles for loss (48.0) and sacks (18.5) and has blocked more career field goals (six) than any other player in school history.

That is not limited production from a nose tackle. Limited production & paper tiger would apply more to Cody, I know he has been injured but staying healthy is also a part of the game. I mean 17 tackles for the season & we don't have a problem, hey I know lets rush to resign him cause we need his production. No sacks. No blocks. No tackles for loss. Give me a freaking break. Maybe Mitchell is getting most of the nose reps lets check out his numbers? Wow, 28 tackles, 11 more than Cody. Unfortunately no sacks, no swatts but hey he did force one fumble.

They say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote