View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012   #67
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub voted 2012 Ed Block Courage Award winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Do some of you even think? With a crap running game in a system predicated on play action passing where "the D has to respect the running game" Schaub led the league in passing. There is some legitimate criticism and discussion going on but the hyperbole is drowning it out.
Who gives a rats ars what Schaub was able to do in the past. Do you really believe he is still the same player he was then? Do you not see the difference in his play since the injury. Have you not watched him regress all year? Defending him by bringing up his past numbers is irrelevant because his ability to perform at that level has diminished progressively since his injury.

This is not the same Matt Sschaub. He can still play well as long as other facets of the offense are doing well. He plays off them. The problem is that other teams know this now and are going to load up to stop our running game and put pressure on him. When that happens its game over.

Watch Indy do exactly that. I don't know if they have the personnel to be successful but it's the formula to beat us. When we get to the playoffs I expect anyone and everyone we face to use it.