View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012   #28
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter's Current Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Ok, so if you believe JJ needs help staying free of double teams wouldn't you want another stud pass rusher instead of a 2 down DT? Even if you're stuck on DT, how can you possibly believe the Texans are going to bring in a space-eater???

Shariff Floyd, DT, is my pick in the 1st if it must be a DT. That guy is strong enough to hold the point and quick enough to play 5 tech (where he would probably end up anyway). 1-gap penetration. I can't believe I really have to point that out.
Floyd is pretty good at getting penetration but good OL can lock him up. If we are going DT early Short is THE MAN. He penetrates better than any other DT in this draft and has that rare ability to disengage from OL and attack the ball with a burst. Very similar in that regard to JJ Watt. He has a solid anchor and is stout against the run. And because of his ability to penetrate he would stay on the field on passing downs. Unless Wade wants a space eater in the middle (doubt it) Short is the best fit by far in this draft.

Shorts ability to penetrate would mean Watt would see lots more one on one and we all know what that would mean. He will be gone alot earlier than where we will be picking so if we are going to go DT route, we will have to move up to get Short. It would be worth it IMO because he is Taylor made for this defense.