View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter's Current Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Ok, so if you believe JJ needs help staying free of double teams wouldn't you want another stud pass rusher instead of a 2 down DT? Even if you're stuck on DT, how can you possibly believe the Texans are going to bring in a space-eater???

Shariff Floyd, DT, is my pick in the 1st if it must be a DT. That guy is strong enough to hold the point and quick enough to play 5 tech (where he would probably end up anyway). 1-gap penetration. I can't believe I really have to point that out.
Not to speak for BL but Cody is nothing more than a "space eater" so why not? Watt on one side and A Smith/Crick on other of a decent NT will help keep JJ clean as BL posted. A Nose is to clog the middle shutting down the run first & foremost. Any sacks or rushes are gravy & why someone like Sylvester Williams or Brandon Williams who has done both is needed. I mocked Alabama's Jesse Williams early but all he does is clog middle ala Cody. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...jesse-williams

WEAKNESSES: Bit of a one-trick pony as Williams does not possess the quickness or the agility to collapse the pocket as a pass rusher. Must do a better job of protecting his knees as he is susceptible to cut blocks. Too often raises his pad level at the snap, negating some of his power and making him all the more vulnerable to cuts, as he possesses only moderate flexibility.