View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter's Current Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Thing about Cody is I dont see a guy who's going to give you , from day one the same production without moving up significantly.

I agree he's going to be on the wrong side of 30 .... and that there is no guarantee he comes back healthy (may need surgery on that bad back).

It boils down to bang for the buck - I think they can resign him on the cheap pending he's healthy. If he's not healthy then all bets are off.

But as of now , Im more concerned with CB , OG , ILB and WR than I am DT.

McCain & Ball FA's - I dont see McCain returning. Ball may be retained on the cheap .... but thats a big ???

At OG Caldwell will be a FA , dont see him returning , Smith will be in the final year of his deal and hasnt played well recently.

ILB Dobbins and James will be FA's. Have to wonder if either is retained and how Cushing will respond post injury. Sharpton .... is a backup IMO.

WR .... man its obvious that #80 needs some help.

Then we have Barwin .... who hasnt really had a real good season numbers wise. They have Mercilus behind him , he may be gone leaving the need for another OLB. That leaves a gaping hole behind the starter ....

Quin along with Demps and Keo that will be FA's at S. I think they keep Quin and outside of Barwin , he's the only guy I see seeking a significant raise.

At OT Gardner , Butler , and Harris will hit the market.

After watching the past few weeks , I really think they have to get better up front on the OL. Its painfully obvious that the current group isnt good enough. Im looking at OG's in the second round.

First round , im looking at WR and CB taking the highest rated guy from either position then filling the other later , probably in the 3rd round or moving back up into the second to grab a guy who slips some. They have a 3rd round comp pick coming , using the other 3rd rd along with later picks to move into the 2nd isnt out of the realm of possibility.

That 3rd round comp pick is where I start looking at DT and ILB .... as well as replacing depth lost from the 20+ that will reach FA.
Good points: Cody if healthy may sign cheap and allow a draft pick to work in. He is well liked and has the "On the Nose" thing going but seems like that would do well anywhere. I think as you do that a hoss is needed beside Cushing & that's why I select Andrew Jackson in 3rd comp. He had 6 tackles last night (111 for season) despite Central Michigan's QB passing for 253 & 3 TDS. 6'1 262 and strong with playmaking to sidelines. I think first round NTs will not be there for us even if Wade would agree to take one. Sylvester Williams who not only clogs middle gets to QB (6 sacks) should be in second and Brandon Williams is getting good reviews for 4th round.

Brandon Harris replaces McCain who had not been that great prior to injury. I think before we throw Harris under the bus he should get same time as KJ who played every game compared to minimal for Harris. I am hoping Routt will replace Ball. JMO.

WRs vs Corners: Patterson vs Trufant imo. The first a big fast 4.46 who might stretch field for AJ & has highlight reels. Trufant is a shut down CB and we should be able to get either by trading down into second. I don't think Trufant will beat out KJ first year but Patterson should beat out Walter if Posey has not by then. So question is if NT is a later than second round need, do you go Cordarrelle Patterson WR (first) and maybe David Amerson Cb (second)? Or Trufant first pick and then ? I have seen no second round ILB better than third round choices.