View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012   #40
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What would be Schaub's trade value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
This is exactly why I want to spend some high picks on O-linemen this season...

We need guys that are dominant in run blocking and pass pro...Maybe get KW off the field a bit more too...
I agree completely about heavy investment in o-line. I'm a firm believer that games are won/lost in the trenches. A great line can make a decent RB good and a good back great. And then with a statue QB, we need all the protection that we can get.

It seems pretty evident that many of this season's problems originate directly from platooning lineman on the right side. Arian is not looking anything like he did last year, and Schaub is getting David Carr syndrome by going fetal position when he just hears footsteps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I dunno how we could stand Peyton's $18 million cap hit. And imo it would at minimum be imprudent for any GM to trade for Schaub with his lisfranc. I think we're lucky he could come back from it.
I agree. I'm not a cap expert and have no thoughts on managing it. There were some folks around here that were working numbers as food for thought.

My main point was that the Texans never even entertained the idea, and according to Bob Allen, Manning had the Texans as no. 1 on his list but the Texans would not even grant him a meeting to discuss it. I don't think it was cap concerns as much as it is being married to Schaub. JMO obviously.

Good point on Schaub, too. I'm not sure who would have been interested in him at that point.

Hopefully the boy rises up for the playoffs and proves everyone wrong!