View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012   #67
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub voted 2012 Ed Block Courage Award winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Man those are some wild swings. That is 1 qtr of football over the course of a season or to put it another way 1 play per game - hardly a stat padding dynamic.. Want to try another theory on? You can stick another "you're smart enough" comment in.
Do you understand that from 2010 (bad defense) to 2011 (good defense) we had over 100 less pass attempts. In 2010 Arian was 2nd in YAC with over 600 yards of yards after making a catch. In other years it's been Andre Johnson. Every year since 2008 we've had someone in the top six in YAC. No other team has done that. Only other team to come close is the PATS with Welker.

I'll let you do the math on that one. Also, one thing Matt Schaub has consistently had that I haven't seen other top passers always have is a guy that is in the top 6 in Yards after Catch.

And I don't know where you are getting your numbers from but I have us with 1018 plays in 2009 from nfl.com.

Last edited by Rey; 12-27-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote