View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012   #86
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4036 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most miserable fans of a 12-3 team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
So regular season wins are good enough for you? I guess this Sunday is your Super Bowl?

Worsts fans in the country? Whatever. Same city has produced 11 straight seasons of sellouts at Reliant. Only three winning seasons in that 11, as well.

You seem seem to like the koolaid drinking sunshine pumpers with rainbows blasting out of their butts to be considered "good fans".

I think this has been a very patient fanbase.

When we were 2-14, people just wanted wins.

When we were 9-7, people wanted to see the playoffs for the first time.

Now that we have a playoff team, we are supposed to just be satisfied according to your homer logic?

How about having some higher standards and wanting more than just the Houston Oilers 2.0 for this franchise?
If you want exceptional you're just a bad fan. Never understood this motto? The Texans have come a long, long way, but I want them to become the best.
Many years of heart ache with the Oilers. We never achieved that ultimate goal, got real close in Pittsburgh only to be robbed of a momentum turning TD. Renfro clearly had two feet in. Many on this board aren't old enough to know the tortures we endured, but we remained loyal Oiler fans until the bitter end.
It irks me to be called a band wagon fan. Heck I was at Reliant for their inaugural opener against the Cowgirls. I've rooted for and watched every game of my beloved Texans, even if I have to DVR that sucker because of my crazy work hours.
I believe fans that complain when they see their team screwing up are the true fans. The fans who want to see greatness, not just good.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote