View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012   #18
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58086 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I am a fan of Nassib. I dont think he will be a Luck or RG3 level starter, but I do think he would be an upgrade over Schaub (maybe not immediately,but in a year or two... which does not exactly help the Texans win now). Honestly though, there are not any QBs on the level of Luck and RG3 this year. Every player has warts. There are some starters, sure, but no true franchise QBs.

I think Landry Jones has some potential. He has great size and a good arm, and has better mobility than given credit for (certainly better than Schaub). He is a long time starter as well. But I dont think he is an IT can. He reminds me of Schaub at times, in that he looks good when you look at box scores, but when you watch the game he underwhelms you. All the tools are there, but his actual play is lacking.

I wont really go into other players, unless asked. I dont think there are any QBs that would help us win in the short term.
No sh!ti to the bolded. Who is in this draft? Yeh no short term answers for sure but there are guys with potential/ability that if coached right could turn into a far better option than anything we have now. Because of the amount of these type guys (just like the WR's) some should fall further than expected. Depending on who falls and where I would love to see us end up with one of these guys.