View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012   #14
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Aussie Mock 2013 draft 1.0

JMO, don't kill the messenger.

1. Eifert, I like the player but with OD not going anywhere, and Graham getting better I think there are bigger needs in the 1st than an upgrade at a position of strength. I'd go NT here.
2. Williams, I think he goes late 1st or early 2nd and will be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd.
3. Slay, I think this is way to early for Slay, most likely in the 5th-7th.
3b. Jackson, this all depends on the type of ILB you want in our system. With teams blitzing their OLB's all the time the 3-4 has become a 5-2 system and ILB's are now required to play sideline to sideline and cover the TE or RB. Jackson is an old school ILB thumper to play the run in the middle but I'd prefer an athletic ILB prospect like Kiko Alonso. It all depends on what you want.
4. Nixon, I like this pick and player though it might take a little luck for him to fall this far, I see him as a late 3rd. Good pick and quality depth with lots of potential.
5. Swearinger, I don't know much about him only what I've read. This is probably about the right spot for him and we could use some Safety depth/competition.
5b. Uzzi, this guys undersized though he screams ZBS OG, I just wonder what adding 20 lbs. would do to his athleticism. Good place to pick some OG depth, though I'd prefer someone a little bigger.
6. Allen, love this pick. Field position is so important and an upgrade at P would be nice and save us some money.
7. Wilson, I've never seen this guy play but he seems to tall for FB where a blocker needs to get low to gain leverage. I'd take J.C. Copeland here, the guys a tank and a true Leach 2.0.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote