View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012   #75
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most miserable fans of a 12-3 team?

I'm sure others stated it but this whole '12-3!' is old. Records mean nothing in the playoffs. It's about how you're playing and coming into that second season. Any that has watched the games and understand football will know that the Texans have not been playing complete football since the Ravens game. Simple as that. They have looked sluggish on one or both sides of the ball from one game to the next. The team has looked out of sync for weeks now and it really comes down to that.

Record is nice and all but Packers were 15-1 last year. How did that work out for them? You want to see your team elevating it's play and looking like a team on a roll at this point or at least consistent. We have had anything but that. And let's be real here. It isn't just people on this board that see it. Football analysts are saying the exact same thing and so are other fans from other teams. I have seen predictions where folks mainly see us being one and out when before many thought we were the team to beat.

Why? Because they see past the record and have noticed the defense is no longer 'elite' and the offense is inconsistent at best. Nothing wrong with a fan admitting this. Doesn't make them less a fan. I know it's true and I'll still be cheering and hoping for any given Sunday when the playoffs roll by. But I'm not going to be unrealistic and think every thing is unicorns farting rainbows either. I'd have to be blind to not see the issues.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote