View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012   #63
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub voted 2012 Ed Block Courage Award winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm pretty sure you're smart enough to figure out that the more possessions you have the more plays you can run.

We have a better defense that has given us the ball more often. So I'd expect the total amount of plays to have grown as well.
I guess you are such a Texan historian you didn't spot the reference to 2009 and 2010 in which our defense was middling and then horrible.

But let's examine your theory, offensive plays:

1043 - 2009 mediocre defense
1029 - 2010 crap defense
1046 - 2011 really good defense

Man those are some wild swings. That is 1 qtr of football over the course of a season or to put it another way 1 play per game - hardly a stat padding dynamic.. Want to try another theory on? You can stick another "you're smart enough" comment in.