View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I really like Dysert strong arm, accurate. Needs to take care of the ball better and learn better footwork. Level he played at bothers me.

I like Bray better, because he also has a strong arm/best in the draft. Yes he makes some boneheaded throws. This comes from his belief the he can stck a ball in the tightest of spaces. He has terrible mechanics, throwing off his back foot and while still completing most of those the lack of mechanics is the cause of most of his ints. This can be fixed by great QB coaching of Gary. Bray reminds me of Matt Stafford with his size arm strength and his undisciplined throwing motion and footwork.

He's kind of a cocky type of guy, but most QB's that become good/great are that way. Brady/Manning/Brees Cutler/Rodgers/Romo etc... With Garys coaching and Brays god given abilitI think Bray could become great. (Worth a 1st rd pick) If Bray didn't have issues he would be the 1st pick in the draft because he has that kind of ability. IMHO
in my observation, those guys never grow out of that..they've been doing it all their careers and that's a hard thing for them to get over. From Marino, George, Favre and now Cutler...they almost never stop doing that. If he's got that issue now, he most likely won't be able to shake it when he gets to pros.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote