View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Most miserable fans of a 12-3 team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
I maintain we were never as good as we looked early in the season and we're not as bad as we look right now. I expect us to beat the Colts and whoever comes through the 4 seed game and then lose to the winner of Denver vs NE. That would make for a good season, and is about the ceiling we can expect under the Schaub/Kubiak regime.
I agree insomuch that most of our early wins were against poor competition. But we did beat the Broncos, even though Manning was rusty, that's no excuse for that defense. We beat the Ravens, while they weren't the Super Bowl Ravens, they weren't the bad team that lost 3 in a row either. We beat Chicago before they started having issues. They started that game with all their starters, Cutler & Marshall were on a roll.

So we weren't "#1 seed" good, but we weren't "the worst 12-3 team" either.

Hopefully, we'll be a better team come February & we'll be a team worthy of representing the AFC in the Super Bowl.

No team ever ends the season the same as they started. Some get better along the way. Some get worse. Some peak mid season, some get their second wind. Hopefully, we're about to catch our second wind.

I know it's hope, but to me, it's no different than the hope Patriots fans have that Brady or Welker don't get hurt. Or that Manning will be clutch in the play offs. Or that Ray Rice will carry that team to the Super Bowl.

Now that we've got everybody back healthy, it's totally possible that we're back on our way up.