View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012   #18
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most miserable fans of a 12-3 team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
The way people are talking around here, you'd think this team was on the outside looking in with no shot at the playoffs instead of playing for the #1 overall seed.

I'm not sure I've seen a more miserable fanbase for a 12-3 team.

2007 Dallas Cowboys:

At one point 12-1.
Stumbled to a 13-3 record, but ended up as #1 seed with 1st round bye, and home field throughout playoffs.
Lost their first playoff game at home to the 10-6 New York Giants, who peaked at the right time, and went on to win the Super Bowl.

This Texans season is looking very similar to that Cowboys season, much to my chagrin, and the delight of my jackass Cowgirls fan friend who pointed out the similarities to me.

This Texans team is not currently good enough to go to the Super Bowl, despite their current record.
If you can't see that, you are an extreme homer, or just extraordinarily optimistic.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote